Friday, May 18, 2012

Shallow Grave (1994)

I'm indulging myself here (and maybe pleasing you) because Danny Boyle's first feature film, Shallow Grave, is finally returning to Netflix June 12--but not on Instant Play.  Still, despite this site's ray-zohn det-ra (as Nathan Arizona would put it), I couldn't resist.  This is a real piece of work, in many senses of the phrase.  Imagine a Seinfeld movie directed by post-Frenzy Hitchcock.  It's that snarky and brutal, funny and surreal, clever and nasty.  Put it on your Queue, and enjoy.  Just don't get greedy.

2 comments:

  1. I've always wondered about this: in the final scene of Shallow Grave, is the laughing character dead?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Xach: Two answers: (1) I've seen it twice, but it's been years. My selective movie-amnesia is denying me knowledge--which is fine with me because (2) you have entered a no-spoiler zone! I wouldn't tell if I could. Now you're REALLY making me want June 12 to get here ASAP.

    ReplyDelete